Establishing A Strong Foundation For Your Business
To succeed in Collin County’s dynamic business community requires more than a unique idea. Astute entrepreneurs understand that their company’s formation and development require careful consideration. Diligent preparation may not be as flashy as a marketing campaign; however, it’s an entity’s strong foundation that shapes its expansion.
For more than 30 years, our business formation attorneys at Webb & Webb, P.C. have developed effective legal strategies and have advised Collin County startups and companies. Our attorneys are familiar with the legal concerns of Metroplex business owners, having represented presidents and CEOs in a range of industries.
Guided by our substantial business and commercial law experience, we can identify a business structure that best suits your company’s unique circumstances and provides the scaffolding for growth in Texas.
Helping You Navigate The Formation Process
When you hire our general counsel services, we will assess your proposed business structure, liability risks and exposures, and management and/or control setup. Using this evaluation, we can advise you on the benefits and drawbacks associated with these entities:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- S corporations
- Nonprofit and tax-exempt entities
After guiding you through entity selection, our lawyers will help you complete steps associated with starting a business, including:
- Searching and registering your business’s name
- Obtaining the necessary licenses and permits
- Creating operating, partnership or governance documents
- Filing the appropriate business and tax forms with federal, state and local agencies
Over the course of our practice, our business attorneys have served in a general counsel capacity for both public and private entities. We assist in the corporate governance for organizations with revenues that span start-up to $40 million.
Our governance services include:
- Preparing corporate documents reflecting meetings of board directors, shareholders, partners, members and managers
- Drafting bylaws, charters, operating agreements, company agreements, policies and procedures
- Reviewing contracts, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with industry standards, local, state and federal laws
Webb & Webb, P.C. offers business counsel that helps you conserve time and money. Partnering with our firm removes the burden of researching and hiring separate firms to complete the various tasks associated with formation and governance. In addition, our attorneys strive to limit your legal fees by engaging proactively to avoid litigation.
Our ability to provide in-house attentiveness at a reasonable rate allows you to shift your focus on marketing your unique idea and expanding your client base.